Interim Report for the Financial Year 2018/19
Adventure Box's strong year 2019 included listing on Nasdaq, introducing support for mobiles, a marketing campaign with English Minecraft YouTubers, new employees, strong growth in user number and ever more evidence of a working advertising model.
THE PERIOD SEPTEMBER 1, 2018- DECEMBER 31, 2019 IN SUMMARY
- The company's net sales during the period was SEK 0.0 million (SEK 0.1 million)
- Net profit amounted to SEK -10.1 million, (SEK -0.8 million)
- Earnings / share was SEK -1.96 (SEK -0.70) Not comparable due to split 1: 5 during summer 2019
- Net cash flow before financial items was SEK -14.1 million (SEK -4.7 million)
- The company's cash and cash equivalents amounted to SEK 10.7 million (SEK 0.2 million) at the end of the period.
- The company's equity at the end of the period was SEK 32.1 million (SEK 16.3 million)
QUARTER OCTOBER 1 - DECEMBER 31 IN SUMMARY
- The company's net sales during the quarter was SEK 0.0 million (SEK 0.0 million)
- Net profit amounted to SEK -6.4 million (SEK -4.4 million)
- Earnings / share was SEK -0.70 (SEK -3.96) Not comparable due to split 1: 5 during summer 2019
- Net cash flow before financial items was SEK -6.6 million (SEK -2.8 million)
- The company's cash and cash equivalents amounted to SEK 10.7 million (SEK 0.2 million) at the end of the quarter
- The company's equity at the end of the quarter amounted to SEK 32.1 million (SEK 16.3 million)
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS DURING THE YEAR
- During the period, 7 right issues were completed, injecting just under SEK 25.9 million in new equity
- The company was listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth market on December 2, 2019
- Prior to the listing, a 1: 5 split has been completed, and the number of shares after the split is 9,142,400
- The company has completed two bonus share issues, partly to increase the share capital to over SEK 500 thousand before listing the company share on NASDAQ First North Stockholm, and partly to obtain a book share value of SEK 0.10 per share.
- A marketing campaign with English Minecraft YouTubers was conducted in December. The games they promoted received the highest proportion of repeat visitors.
- Support for mobile devices was introduced during the months of November and December 2019
- During the autumn, the Company saw strong growth in user numbers and ever more evidence of a working advertising model
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS AFTER THE END OF THE YEAR
- During January, 821,519 visitors visited www.adventurebox.com, of which 195,980 were return visitors.
- The average cost of purchased traffic in January was SEK 0.23 per website visitor
- Advertising messages were viewed 439,355 times in January
- Average revenue per thousand advertising views during January was SEK 40
IN THE WORDS OF THE CEO
The video game industry's revenue is twice that of the movie industry and eight times greater than that of the music industry. This makes it extra motivation to do what our company does; to make it easy and fun to create, share and play computer games. We break down the barrier that today prevents most people from expressing themselves through computer game creation.
To achieve our vision of becoming the globally leading sharing platform for consumer-created games, we take the help of our users. Our users' recommendations to friends and acquaintances to create, share and play make our growth exponential.
We have learnt a lot from the strong growth in our user number during the autumn. Since our service is online, we can measure every relevant aspect of our users' behavior. Something that is very clear is that the users who publish and share games are the most loyal of our users. We are now working on a social platform that will further facilitate and motivate collaboration and sharing of games. Our agile development method allows us to smoothly direct our development investments towards the areas that give the best measured results.
We have had a very active end to 2019, including listing on Nasdaq, introduction of support for mobiles, a marketing campaign with English Minecraft YouTubers, new employees, strong growth in the number of users and ever more evidence of a working advertising model.
Vigorous growth of users
During the period October to December 2019, the number of website visitors increased from 397,284 to 676,691. The number of returning users increased from 62,358 to 152,248. Our average cost of purchased traffic (per website visitor) was SEK 0.27 in October, SEK 0.24 in November and SEK 0.27 in December.
Listing on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market
We were listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market on December 2. The event was celebrated, as it should be, with around 40 invited children aged 8 to 15. After the listing ceremony, our guests got to listen to Nasdaq explaining what the stock exchange is and to us when we presented how to make your own games with Adventure Box. The listing makes it easier for us to carry out new right issues and to acquire companies.
In the month of November and December we opened for the use of Adventure Box from mobiles ("smartphones"). Currently, we support playing Adventure Box games on mobiles. Game creation is still only offered on a personal computer.
Launch with Minecraft YouTubers
In December, we conducted our first marketing campaign with Minecraft YouTubers. This together with our new English partner Fourth Floor Creative. Minecraft YouTubers are idols and role models. The fact that they recommend Adventure Box to their followers strengthens our brand. The games they promoted received the highest proportion of repeat visitors. During the year we will gradually work with bigger YouTuber idols. Allowing Minecraft YouTubers to sell copies of their popular gaming worlds through Adventure Box will be an important source of income.
The advertising model is proven
|Number of displayed
|163 030||354 222||446 807|
|Total advertising revenue (SEK)||17 305||24 336||25 898|
|Revenue per 1000 showed advertising messages (SEK)||106||68||58|
We are confident that we will increase in advertising revenues by switching from still image advertising (banners) to video advertising as well as through product improvements that will keep visitors longer, such they see more advertising messages.
Strengthened organization and product
During the fall, we focused on strengthening our development organization to allow us to improve our product faster. In addition to strengthening our development and delivery processes, we also recruited a Vice President of Development, a User Experience Expert, a Programmer and a Designer.
At the end of the year 2019, our organization consisted of 9 full-time employees, 3 full-time consultants and 4 part-time consultants. Of these full-time employees, 9 work at our Stockholm office and the others in Paris, Seville and Malta. Since the turn of the year, we have recruited another programmer in India, and we are now working on arranging work visas for two more programmers.
The company's revenue is still modest, the costs mainly relate to salaries, product development, operations and marketing. Liquidity is SEK 10.7 million. On March 31, options can be exercised for up to 1,306,875 shares at SEK 10 for a total of SEK 13,068,750. Until May 31, options can be exercised for 47,340 shares at SEK 9.40 for a total of SEK 444,996.
We are proud of our successful 2019-year. Especially we are pleased with how strongly we were able to end the year, fulfilling all the commitments we made to investors in the summer of 2019. Now we look forward to an extremely exciting year 2020.
Christopher Kingdon, CEO Adventure Box Technology AB (publ)
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Certified Advisor FNCA Sweden AB, +46(0)8-528 00 399, firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT ADVENTURE BOX TECHNOLOGY AB
Adventure Box makes it easy, and fun to make, share and play 3D games online. The company's world-leading streaming technology is patent protected. Founded in Stockholm 2014, the company also has staff in Paris, Seville, Malta and Kerala (India). Adventure Box is traded at Nasdaq First North Growth Market under the short name ADVBOX and ISIN code SE0012955276.
This information is such that Adventure Box Technology AB (publ) is required to disclose in accordance with the EU Market Abuse Regulation. Information was provided through the above contact persons' publication for publication on 20 February 2020 at 8:00 CET.
The year-end report is attached in its entirety.
The Year-End report can also be found here:
Adventure Box Technology AB