Year-end report 2020
Continued strong growth from CDON Marketplace
Malmö - February 4, 2021
- Total gross merchandise value increased by 9 percent to SEK 828.1 (762.8) million
- Gross merchandise value for CDON Marketplace (3P) increased by 60 percent to SEK 640.9 (399.5) million
- Net sales amounted to SEK 259.8 (421.6) million, driven by CDON Marketplace net sales growth of 41 percent to SEK 75.2 (53.5) million, while CDON Retail net sales decreased as phasing out own inventory sales continued according to plan
- Gross margin increased by 15.4 percentage points to 34.9 (19.5) percent
- Operating profit before depreciation and amortization amounted to SEK 18.2 (23.4) million
- Excluding costs for listing and management incentive program of SEK 10.1 million, operating profit before depreciation and amortization increased by 21 percent to 28.3 (23.4) million
- Net income for the period amounted to SEK 11.9 (16.7) million
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 2.0 (2.8)
- Closing inventory amounted to 25.2 (103.7), a reduction of 76 percent, which is a result of switch to marketplace business model
- Cash flow of SEK 124.1 million increased total cash to SEK 170.3 million
- Total gross merchandise value increased by 22 percent to SEK 2,375.0 (1,946.3) million
- Gross merchandise value for CDON Marketplace (3P) increased by 86 percent to SEK 1,777.3 (958.1) million
- Net sales amounted to SEK 795.3 (1,111.7) million, driven by CDON Marketplace net sales growth of 50 percent to SEK 205.2 (137.2) million, while CDON Retail net sales decreased as phasing out own inventory sales continued according to plan
- Gross margin increased by 12.4 percentage points to 31.2 (18.8) percent
- Operating profit before depreciation and amortization increased by 59 percent to SEK 24.2 (15.2) million
- Excluding costs for listing and incentive program, operating profit before depreciation and amortization increased by 126 percent to SEK 34.3 (15.2) million
- Net income for the period amounted to SEK -5.9 (-1.5) million
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK -1.0 (-0.3)
- The Board of Directors proposes no dividend for 2020
This information is information that CDON AB is required to disclose under the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was released for publication through the agency of the above contacts at 8 a.m. on February 4, 2021.
Sweden (Sverige): +46850558357
United Kingdom: +443333009274
United States: +18332498407
CDON was founded in 1999 and is today the Nordic region's largest online marketplace with businesses in Sweden, Finland, Norway and Denmark. CDON offers a wide assortment that includes millions of products in film, music, video and computer games, office supplies, books, toys, home electronics, appliances, sports, outdoor, beauty, fashion, computers, and computer products. In 2019, CDON.com had over 100 million visitors and today we have over 2 million active customers. CDON is listed on Nasdaq First North. More information is available at CDON.com
"Swedes will smell lovely this Christmas!" - Perfume is the gift most likely to be found under your Christmas tree in 2022
CDON, the leading marketplace in the Nordics, has analyzed customer data for 2022 and can now announce the Christmas gift of the year - the perfume.
"Svenskarna kommer dofta ljuvligt denna jul!" - Parfym är den klapp som hittas under flest julgranar 2022
CDON, Nordens ledande marknadsplats, har undersökt kunddata för 2022 och kan nu meddela vad som väntas bli årets julklapp - parfymen.
At the Extraordinary General Meeting ("the EGM") in CDON AB ("CDON" or "the company") held on 25 October 2022, which was conducted solely through postal voting pursuant to temporary legislation, the following resolutions were made. All resolutions were in accordance with the submitted proposals, described in detail in the EGM documents available on the company's website, investors.cdon.com (under the heading "EGM Oct 2022" in the section "Corporate Governance").
CDON Marketplace continues to take market share
CDON AB (publ) ("CDON") announces financial directives and targets to facilitate investors' understanding of CDON's marketplace business.
CDON's Nomination Committee (Sw. valberedningen) ahead of the Annual General Meeting 2023 has been appointed in accordance with the current instructions for the Nomination Committee adopted by the Annual General Meeting 2021.
The shareholders of CDON AB, Reg. No. 556406-1702 ("CDON" or the "company"), are hereby summoned to an Extraordinary General Meeting on Tuesday, 25 October 2022.
CDON's interim report for the period July-September 2022, will be published on October 20, 2022 at 13:00 CEST.
On track to build the number one shopping destination in the Nordic region