Interim report Q2 2021
In Q2 2021, Acconeer's net sales amounted to 7 643 kSEK, the gross margin was 72% and eight new customer products were launched. In Q2 for the first time more than 100 000 sensors were sold during one quarter when 112 256 sensors were sold, and since launch Acconeer has sold in total 436 468 radar sensors. In Q2 461 evaluation kits were sold, and an accumulated 3 977 EVK has been sold since launch. The company sold 2 226 modules in Q2, and since launch a total of 11 927 modules have been sold.
CEO Lars Lindell comments: "We are happy to see a new record in the number of radar sensors sold and also in the number of launched customer products during one quarter. Just like in Q1 we see a strong result in Q2, despite that our module sale has been affected by component shortage, where we haven't been able to deliver on all orders."
- Net sales for the second quarter amounted to kSEK 7,643 (1,619).
- The Gross margin on sales of goods was 72 (59) %.
- Result after taxes amounted to kSEK -11,695 (-16,836).
- Earnings per share before and after dilution was SEK -0,50 (-0,79).
- The cash flow from operating activities was kSEK -9,402 (-13,920).
SIX MONTHS PERIOD
- Net sales for the six months period amounted to kSEK 15,188 (3,769).
- The Gross margin on sales of goods was 73 (59) %.
- Result after taxes amounted to kSEK -23,571 (-34,536).
- Earnings per share before and after dilution was SEK -1.01 (-1.70).
- The cash flow from operating activities was kSEK -18,300 (-28,729).
- Cash and cash equivalents on the balance sheet date amounted to kSEK 57,613 (109,172).
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS DURING THE SECOND QUARTER
- Acconeer announced A121 pulsed coherent radar sensor, new high-performance product in A1 family.
- A distribution agreement focusing on the automotive industry was signed with Japanese NEXTY Electronics.
- Acconeer receives order from CODICO worth USD 125,000.
- The annual general meeting was held on 27 April 2021, for the 2020 fiscal year.
- It is the company's assessment that the effects of Covid-19 will have a limited impact on operations in 2021. We expect no impact on either the development side or the manufacture of sensors, while the manufacture of modules will be affected by a global shortage on processors that have arisen in connection with Covid-19. Regarding demand for the company's products we expect further delays in customer projects, fewer start-up projects and that our customers' production rate will be affected by the lack of processors.
The interim report is attached to this press release and available through Acconeer's website: https://investor.acconeer.com/en/financial-reports/.
For additional information, please contact:
Lars Lindell, CEO Acconeer, Phone: +46 10218 92 00, E-mail: [email protected]
This information is information that Acconeer AB is required to disclose by the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was provided by the above contact person, for publication on July 23, 2021 07.30.
About Acconeer AB
With ground-breaking technology, Acconeer has developed a radar sensor that opens a new world of interaction. Acconeer Micro Radar Sensor, with low power consumption, high precision, small size and high robustness, is a 60GHz robust and cost-effective sensor for detection, distance measurement, motion detection and camera-supported applications with low power consumption. Acconeer combines the advantage of low power consumption with highly accurate pulsed radar systems of coherent radar, all integrated into a component with a surface area of only 28 mm2. The radar sensor can be included in a range of mobile consumer products, from smartphones to wearables, but also in areas such as robots, drones, the Internet of Things, healthcare, automotive, industrial robots and security and monitoring systems. Acconeer is a semiconductor company and, as a business model, sells hardware to manufacturers of consumer electronics products. Acconeer is listed on Nasdaq First North Growth Market with the ticker code ACCON, Redeye is the company's Certified Advisor (CA) and can be contacted via telephone +46(0)8 121 576 90 or via e-mail [email protected].