Dignitana, Inc. Appoints Three Board Members in U.S. And Names James McKinney President and Chief Operating Officer
Lund, Sweden - 9 March 2018 - Dignitana AB, world leader in medical scalp cooling technology, today announced the appointment of Anette Cronström, Thomas Joyce and Thomas Kelly to the Board of Directors for Dignitana, Inc., which governs operations in the U.S. and met this week in Dallas, Texas
Also announced is the promotion of James McKinney who will now serve as President and Chief Operating Officer of Dignitana, Inc.. McKinney has been the company's Chief Operating Officer since November 2016.
"We are honored to bring these experienced leaders onto the Dignitana, Inc. Board here in the U.S.," said William Cronin, CEO of Dignitana AB. "Their proven strengths and long-standing expertise, especially in the finance of both domestic and international business, will be a tremendous asset to our continued growth and development. The addition of these accomplished professionals with the newly announced changes to the AB Board bring to Dignitana a global governance structure cthat will help this company move into its next and most important phase of growth"
"Jim McKinney's leadership and healthcare experience have brought enormous value to Dignitana since he joined us in 2016," Cronin adds. "As we continue to expand and introduce new innovations to the market we are enormously fortunate to have his operational insights and wisdom guiding our team."
"Dignitana, Inc. has seen exponential growth in the last two years," said James McKinney, President and COO of Dignitana, Inc. "The size and strength of our U.S. team continues to increase as we respond to the needs of our clinical partners, and we are excited to be moving forward with the addition of these accomplished business leaders to our Board."
Anette Cronström, Board Member
Since 2016 Anette Cronström has served as the Director of International Accounting for GameStop Inc., a Fortune 500 company containing specialty retail brands that make the most popular technologies affordable and simple. Previous positions held at GameStop Inc. include Director of Global Internal Audit and Compliance and Director of International Audit and Compliance. Prior to joining GameStop Inc., Ms. Cronström served as the Finance Director of GameStop Nordic and as the CFO of ProstaLund Operations AB. She is a graduate of the University of Lund's Business School, where studied Business Administration and Economics.
Thomas Joyce, Board Member
Thomas Joyce is a recognized leader in the financial services industry with experience in domestic and international markets, regulatory reform, trading, technology, and client service. Most recently, Mr. Joyce served as the Executive Chairman of Arxis Capital, a spinout of Bank of America. Prior to Arxis he was Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Knight Capital Group, from which he retired in July of 2013, and was Head of Global Trading at Sanford C. Bernstein & Co. Mr. Joyce is widely credited for rebuilding Knight into an industry leader, taking the company from less than $500 million in annual revenues and losing money, to approximately $1.2 billion in revenues with $250 million in pre-tax earnings a decade later. Earlier in his career, he spent close to fifteen years at Merrill Lynch where he managed several major equity businesses. Mr. Joyce is most recently a former member of the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) Board of Directors as well as a former member of the NASDAQ Board of Directors. He attended Harvard University where he obtained a degree in economics and where he is also a member of the Harvard Varsity Club's Athletics Hall of Fame.
Currently he is on the Board of Directors of Sandboxx, LLC, and Clearpool, Inc. He is also a member of SAG-
Thomas N. Kelly, Board Member
Thomas Kelly serves as Managing Director of KMK & Associates LLC, a private equity firm with a wide range of interests from agriculture to manufacturing. He is also a Director of The Leaders Bank, headquartered in Oak Brook, Illinois. With diverse leadership roles in numerous companies and civic organizations, Mr. Kelly is a trusted and experienced leader known for his ability to anticipate and navigate business challenges with accountability and transparency. He serves on the Boards of the Donald P. and Byrd M. Kelly Foundation, which primarily supports Catholic education in the Chicago area. He attended the University of Kansas in Lawrence, and is an active alumnus serving as member of the KUAA President's Advisory Council.
Current Board Positions include the pending shareholder approval as Chair of Dignitana AB Board of Directors, Managing Member of KMK & Associates LLC, Director of Leaders Bank, Director of Grandstand Sportswear and Glassware, Managing Member of 3840 Greenway Circle LLC, Managing Member of Harger Woods Corporate Center LLC, Managing Member of D.P. Kelly & Associates, Director of Elarasys Worldwide LLC, Vice President of Emerald Air Co., Director of Entrust Services, and former Director of Whitnell & Co., Director of Continental Community Holdings, Director and Secretary of Donald P. and Byrd M. Kelly Foundation.
James O. McKinney, Board Member, President and COO, Dignitana, Inc.
Jim McKinney currently serves as a Healthcare Consultant to Catholic Relief Services and is a Real Estate Investor at McKinney & Hess Properties. Previously he has served as Division CEO of Anesthesia Group, Division President of Iasis Healthcare, President and COO of Leland Medical, Inc., and President and CEO of Brim Healthcare, Inc. A seasoned healthcare executive, he has extensive experience and a proven track record in leadership and operations, including acquisitions, physician relations and partnerships, program design and implementation, financial performance, and system integration.
00 1 773 387 8504
King + Company
00 1 212 561 7464
About Dignitana AB (publ)
Dignitana is a Swedish public company based in Lund and manufacturer of the medical cooling device DigniCap®. Dignitana AB is listed on Nasdaq First North Stockholm and has appointed Erik Penser Bank as Certified Adviser. Headquartered in Dallas Texas, Dignitana, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Dignitana AB. For more information visit www.dignitana.se and www.dignicap.com
This information is information that Dignitana AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, by the above contact, for publication at 17:30 (CET), 9 March 2018.
Styrelsen i Dignitana AB (publ) har idag beslutat, pga stort intresse, komplettera den tidigare aviserade riktade emissionen, genom att emittera ytterligare 540 000 aktier till ett belopp om 2,3 MSEK. Sammantaget innebär detta att de riktade emissionerna omfattar totalt 9,5 MSEK.
Dignitana complements the previously announced directed rights issue - decides on an additional directed rights issue
The Board of Directors of Dignitana AB (publ) has decided today, as a result of a large investor interest, to complement the previously announced directed rights issue by emitting 540,000 additional shares to an amount of approximately SEK 2.3M. In total this implies that the directed rights issues comprise a total of SEK 9.5M.
Styrelsen i Dignitana AB (publ) offentliggör härmed ett Informations-Memorandum med anledning av förestående företrädesemission. Memorandumet finns nu tillgängligt på bolagets hemsida, www.dignitana.se.
The Board of Directors of Dignitana AB (publ) hereby publishes an Information Memorandum on the announced rights issue. The Information Memorandum is attached here and is published today on the Company's webpage,www.dignitana.com.
Results and financial position
Significant events during the period
- Sales for the period amounted to 10,293 TSEK, $1,150 KUSD, an increase of 125 percent compared to the same period in 2017 and an increase of 14 percent compared to the second quarter 2018.
- EBITDA amounted to (3,459) TSEK, ($386 KUSD), a 56 percent improvement compared to the same period in 2017.
- 6 units were sold to facilities in countries outside the U.S.
- Contracts for 7 locations in the U.S. were signed.
- Third quarter treatment revenue in the U.S. increased over second quarter 2018.
- In July Dignitana AB registered a new wholly-owned subsidiary, Dignitana S.r.l (Società a responsabilità limitata), as a new Italian entity to facilitate contracting with public health facilities in Italy.
Significant events after the period
- Contracts for 10 locations in the U.S. have been signed since 30 September.
- 8 units sold outside the U.S. since 1 October 2018.
- On 8 October Dignitana announced that Mr. Greg Dingizian, via his Adma Förvaltnings AB investment vehicle, has accumulated a 4,200,000 share position in the company. The share purchases of Adma Förvaltnings AB represent 10.4 percent of the outstanding common shares of the company.
- An agreement has been reached with Konica-Minolta and Beijing University Cancer Hospital to perform a limited usage trial of the DigniCap device to evaluate efficacy when compared to manual gel caps. The trial is scheduled to begin during the fourth quarter 2018.
The company has announced a combination of a directed equity and rights issue to obtain 30 MSEK. This transaction is scheduled to be completed by mid-December.
Dignitana AB (publ) genomför nyemissioner om cirka 31,6 MSEK fördelat på en riktad nyemission om ca 5.8 MSEK, en fullt garanterad företrädesemission om 24,3 MSEK samt ytterligare en riktad emission genom kvittning av garantiersättning om cirka 1,4 MSEK
Dignitana AB to carry out new issues of approximately SEK 31.6M in a directed issue of approximately SEK 5.8M, a fully guaranteed rights issue of SEK 24.3M with preferential right for existing shareholders and another directed rights issue offsetting the guarantee fee of approximately SEK 1.4M.
Väsentliga händelser under perioden
- Försäljningen under perioden uppgick till 9 022 tkr (1 041 USD), en ökning med 54 procent jämfört med samma period 2017 och en ökning med 51 procent jämfört med första kvartalet 2018.
- EBITDA uppgick till -2 701 tkr, -312 KUSD, en förbättring med 69 procent jämfört med samma period 2017.
- Dignitana ingick sitt första leasingavtal utanför USA - avtalet rör DigniCap-enheter till 3 kliniker i Spanien.
- 9 DigniCap-enheter såldes till vårdinrättningar i länder utanför USA.
- Avtal har ingåtts för 10 DigniCap-enheter på 6 kliniker i USA.
- Behandlingsintäkterna från klinikerna i USA har ökat med 21 procent, jämfört med det första kvartalet 2018.
- Dignitana tar över ansvaret från Sysmex för alla installerade DigniCap-enheter i Europa. Enheterna finns på totalt 70 kliniker i 11 länder.
- Flytten av verksamheten från Lund i Sverige till Dallas i USA var genomförd i april, två månader tidigare än planerat. Dignitana AB:s huvudkontor fortsätter att ha sitt säte i Lund.
- I juni avslog American Medical Association (USA:s läkarförbund) företagets ansökan att få en unik CPT-kod (Current Procedural Terminology) för skalpkylningsenheter. Koden skulle inneburit en förenkling för patienten att få ersättning från försäkringsbolagen. Avsaknaden av en unik CPT-kod har inte haft någon inverkan på Dignitanas försäljning.
- Årets bolagsstämma hölls den 24 april 2018 i Lund. Bolagsstämman beslöt i enlighet med styrelsens förslag på samtliga punkter.
- Thomas Kelly, William Cronin, Ingrid Atteryd Heiman och Mikael Wahlgren omvaldes som styrelseledamöter vid bolagsstämman den 24 april 2018 med Thomas Kelly som styrelseordförande
Results and financial position
Significant events during the period
- Sales for the period amounted to 9,022 TSEK, $1,041 KUSD, an increase of 54 percent compared to the same period in 2017 and a 51 percent increase over the first quarter 2018.
- EBITDA amounted to (2,701) TSEK, ($312 KUSD), a 69 percent improvement compared to the same period in 2017.
- Dignitana initiated its first direct-to-customer leased unit transaction outside of the U.S. for 3 locations in Spain.
- 9 units were sold to facilities in countries outside the U.S.
- Contracts for 6 locations in the U.S. were signed representing 10 machines.
- Treatment revenue from U.S. sites showed a 21 percent increase over first quarter 2018.
- Transfer of management of all European installations of DigniCap from Sysmex to Dignitana representing 70 locations in 11 countries.
- Transition of operations from Lund, Sweden to the U.S. was successfully completed in April, two months ahead of schedule. Dignitana AB headquarters remain in Lund.
- In June the company's application for a unique Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) Code for scalp cooling devices was not approved by the American Medical Association. This code would have helped U.S. patients process insurance claims more simply but does not have any material effect on sales potential at this time.
- The Annual General Meeting was held 24 April 2018 in Lund. In all the proposed cases the AGM resolved in accordance with the Board's proposals.
- Thomas Kelly, William Cronin, Ingrid Atteryd Heiman, and Mikael Wahlgren were re-elected to the Board of Directors at the Annual General Meeting 24 April 2018 with Thomas Kelly as Chairman.
Solid progress and growth